Do you have incredible leadership skills, a passion for the arts, and a vision for your community’s future?
Apply to be on the Arts Corps Board of Directors!
Arts Corps is a non-profit arts organization that revolutionizes arts education by igniting the creative power of young people through culturally engaging learning experiences and providing free programming for K-12 students in King County. We have an incredible opportunity for 3 young leaders to join our Board of Directors.
The Arts Corps Board directs all the youth programming we offer, builds our vision for social justice and social change, and ensures that the entire organization listens to the communities and youth we serve. The board’s responsibilities range from revolutionary strategy to the nuts-and-bolts of running an organization (budgeting and management).
As a member of the Board, you will have the chance to connect with local artists and activists, gain visibility in the community, and help shape this beloved organization. You will speak for yourself and your peers, and ensure that all the work we do is directed to liberating and invigorating the young leaders of today. You will have mentorship opportunities from fellow board members to grow your leadership skills, and to mentor other young folks in organizing. In addition, you will collect powerful experience for your education, work, and life.
We need you to keep us honest,
& make sure all we do is dope as shit.
What is involved?
- We meet monthly on the 4th Monday of each month from 5-7pm at the Youngstown Cultural Arts Center (we can provide bus passes)
- BOMB snacks at every meeting!
- A 1-year commitment (can be extended), beginning July 2018 through June 2019
You must be 18 years old or turning 18 this summer(ish)
DEADLINE: May 31st
Please fill out the application page, (add more if you need) and return:
- email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) (plz put ‘Arts Corps Board Application’ in the subject)
- mail/drop off paper applications to: Arts Corps 4408 Delridge Way SW, Suite 110 98106.
Questions? Ask Chris Zweigle (he/him): email@example.com